If you are suffering from serious injuries from a Rhode Island car accident that was not your fault, you will need to consider filing a claim against the responsible party and their insurance carrier. But exactly how do you determine the value of your claim that far exceeds your total medical costs and money needed to repair your damaged vehicle?
Rhode Island car accident attorney
Determining the value of special damages involved in a Rhode Island car accident is easy. You need to simply add up the bills from healthcare providers, lost wages and auto body shops. However, general intangible damages are a bit trickier to calculate. This might involve your pain, suffering, depression, mental anguish, and the limitations of your abilities to perform many of the normal activities you enjoyed before the accident.
The court system places no quantifiable financial value on your pain and suffering. However, it is important to find an objective way to place a dollar amount on the discomfort and stress you feel as you heal. Because of that, many people choose to hire a personal injury attorney with years of experience in negotiating an adequate settlement for their clients to include tangible and intangible costs.
The Negotiation Process of a motor vehicle crash | Rhode Island car accident
A skilled attorney can ensure that you receive the recompense you deserve for being the victim of a car accident you did not cause. A Providence attorney will ensure that you are properly healed, or that you have been properly diagnosed to determine the extent of your injuries and the length of the healing process. A RI Personal Injury attorney will use a variety of factors to negotiate the best settlement. Some of these factors include:
• The total amount of all previous medical expenses caused by the accident
• A calculated amount of all future medical care, including follow-up surgeries, procedures, treatments, rehabilitation and mental health care when necessary
• The limitations of performing your everyday activities including going to work and caring for yourself
• The costs involved in a permanent or temporary disability directly related to the accident
• The extent of damages to your family caused by changes in your abilities to work or perform everyday tasks
• The amount of funds required to repair any damaged property including your vehicle involved in the accident
• Adequate recompense for your pain, suffering, mental anguish and despair
Obtaining a larger settlement | Rhode Island car accident
Having a Rhode Island Personal injury Lawyer on your site is often beneficial when seeking a settlement that includes payment for your pain and suffering. Jury awards dealing with general damages that can be highly unpredictable.
A skilled East providence RI attorney can make a claim for your pain, discomfort and suffering by convincing the claims adjuster that:
• You are ready to file suit to go to trial
• The costs involved in putting on a trial will be high to the insurance company
• The facts of the case indicate that the jury will likely be sympathetic to you for the injuries caused by the responsible party
Hiring a skilled personal injury lawyer in RI that specializes in Rhode Island car accidents can help you gather evidence to make a convincing case to obtain additional funds for your pain and suffering. Most reputable Rhode Island personal injury law firms take cases on contingency. This means you will not be required to pay the attorney out of pocket.
Legal Notice per Rules of Professional Responsibility: The Rhode Island Supreme Court licenses all lawyers and attorneys in the general practice of law, but does not license or certify any lawyer / attorney as an expert or specialist in any field of practice. While this firm maintains joint responsibility, most cases of this type such as rhode island car accident are referred to other attorneys for principle responsibility.